1. When will this project be completed?
All works are expected to be completed by Winter 2023
2. What are the site working hours?
Yes, and they handed over control of the site to BAM Construction, who has been leading the main construction programme since January 2022.
3. When are noisy works allowed to be carried out?
No noisy works will take place on Saturdays.
4. When are construction vehicles allowed to visit the site?
5. How will you manage construction vehicles coming into and out of the site?
Vehicles may be able to exit the site via Keeley Street, though this will be dependent on the construction programme for 65 Kingsway.
Traffic marshals will guide vehicles to and from the site.
No roads will need to close during these works.
6. How will you be mitigating the impacts of construction?
Some of the mitigation methods that will be used are:
- All demolition activities will follow good practise guidelines. This includes minimising unnecessary revving of engines, turning of machines when not in use, routine maintenance of machinery, and the use of equipment fitted with effective silencers and insulation.
- A site liaison manager to record, action and investigate all complaints.
- Noise and vibration mitigation by distance and screening.
- Use of concrete crushers rather than pneumatic hammers.
7. Will there be any road closures during construction?
Residents will be notified well in advance of these works taking place.
8. How will you communicate the construction plans regularly to local residents?
As we progress with the construction programme, we provide regular updates through our newsletters and this website.
Notices will also be placed around the site outlining any up and coming activities.
We hold regular meetings with the Construction Working Group (both virtually and in-person), a forum through which community representatives are updated on the project and able to ask the team questions about the development.
We are also happy to meet with residents and key stakeholders on a one-to-one basis as and when requested, to discuss the programme in further detail.